Heading back to school with a new ear piercing, but not sure how you’re going to be able to stick to your new aftercare routine? Here are some tips to help you prepare for ear piercing care when you’re back in school!
Create a list
Everybody loves buying new school supplies. Since you have a new ear piercing, you will want to add aftercare items to your list. Be sure to include:
- An extra bottle of Inverness Ear Care Solution
- Cotton Swabs
- Hand Sanitizer (so you can clean your hands before touching your piercing)
- Zip up carrying case to keep everything organized
Store your supplies in your backpack or locker so they are handy when you need them
Develop a routine
Once you know your class and activity schedule, identify 3X a day when you can clean your piercing. Ideally, you should clean your piercing:
- Before school
- After your afternoon sports or activities
- Before bed
With every cleaning you will need to remember:
- KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN: Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching your ears or new piercing!
- CLEAN 3X DAILY: Cleanse the front and back of your new piercing with a cotton swab that has been soaked with Inverness Aftercare Solution.
- ROTATE EARRINGS: After cleansing, rotate your earrings 3 complete turns to ensure your earring posts do not adhere to your earlobe during healing.
TIP: Post reminders in your locker and on the bathroom mirror so you don’t forget to clean your piercing 3X a day!
Check with coaches
If you’re playing a fall sport, talk to your coach before the start of your sports season. Learn about the rules for new ear piercings and whether you’re allowed to wear earrings during practice or games. If you play a contact sport, we recommend covering your earrings with sports tape to keep your piercing safe during games and practice.
If you follow these simple ear piercing care tips and instructions, returning to school with a new piercing will be a breeze! For more information about aftercare with Inverness, click here.